Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cillian Murphy

Let me start by saying, I started this blog because I realized how much I have been talking about Cillian Murphy lately is probably bothering the people around me. And I realized I do this a lot, I find a hot actor and watch all their movies and spend about a week googling them. Hey, if there is something wrong with that, by all means, fuck yourself.


Some facts about Cillian: His Birthday is May 25th 1967. Like all the hot actors, he started out as a rock musician, he turned down a record deal to star in a movie called Disco Pigs. He is from Cork, Ireland and currently resides in England. He reached level of fame with his roles in Batman Begins, Red Eye and to a lesser extent 28 days later. He is married to Yvonne McGuinness (Bitch) and has two sons, Malachy and Carrik. Here is his IMDB and here is his Wikipedia article. 


Unbeknownst to me his name is actually pronounced Kill-ee-ahn. Even knowing that I'm probably still going to call him Sill-ee-in because that's what it looks like, and that hasn't been much of an issue for me so far. It took me a few days of googling him relentlessly before I was barraged with this fact.


Reasons why you should love him just as much as I do.


-His eyes (Let me be the 1000000th person to point this out)
Aren't they lovely? And I'm not even the biggest fan of blue eyes on men. God, they're so piercing it would make me uncomfortable if it didn't make me want to take off my pants.
Just look at them, they look like...ice? That's not good enough.
In an interview Christopher Nolan said he invented excuses for Murphy to take off his glasses for a close up (yes please)
New York Times film critic Manohla Dargis asserted that Murphy made "a picture-perfect villain" and that his "baby blues look cold enough to freeze water and his wolfish leer suggests its own terrors."


-He played The Scarecrow 
On a certain level that's pretty terrifying. If you are at all familiar with the Batman universe then you know that The Scarecrow is fucking crazy. (unlike most people who wear tattered bags over their heads.)
The Scarecrow or Dr. Jonathan Crane is a former professor turned psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum (one of the many poor choices in a lifetime of poor choices.) He was a sadistic bastard who exposes his students and patients and everyone else he comes across to his hallucinogenic Fear Toxin. Have you ever had a bad mushroom trip? Fear Toxin is like that but with this fucked up Scarecrow trying to kill you. 

But hey, he still looks like this. I forgive you Doctor Crane!



-He makes a fantastic creeper, and I think that's a great quality in a man.
Being realistic, I can see that most of the characters he plays are at least a little bit creepy, but I can't be the only person who feels like that is a big part of his charm, can I?  And I'm very confident that there are others who would love to be in an airplane bathroom with him. 
Look at that jaw line!

-Have you seen 28 days later? It takes like an hour, but towards the end there, he is a fucking badass.


Remember when he comes back into the picture to save the ladies, and his head is shaved and all the sudden he is a total badass? Well i've seen a lot of movies, and spent a lot of time googling this man, that that is still the hottest thing i have ever seen. This isn't exactly what i was looking for, but it helps me make my point. 3:03-3:15, whoa. 3:30-3:43 oh my god. Sometimes life isn't fair. 

-He makes a great lady, there is no question about it, I would still love to get in his pants. Isn't he fabulous?
It's debatable, but I'm pretty sure making such a hot drag queen makes a man pretty much perfect. Sexy man=beautiful woman? I guess so. I haven't seem Breakfast on Pluto, but I feel like I need to as part of my Cillian education. 

-He even plays a great Huge Douche
If i were to tell you i was going to see inception before i knew Cillian Murphy was in it...that would still be true because Leo and Joseph Gordon Levitt were in it as well. But Cillian was really the selling point.  Even with a gun in his face he is still just wonderful looking. 

-Intensity looks good on a man. 
And that is pretty much the staple of his look.
Even just regular pictures of him...It would be weird that he isn't smiling, but look at him! He doesn't need to smile!

-He is Irish, which means he has an Irish accent. 
Can't you just hear it? here is a hypothetical situation for you. You are directing a movie,  and you somehow manage to cast Cillian Murphy! But unfortunately his character is American, so he needs to have an American accent. I can solve this: You change the fucking script.  
Look at those cheek bones!

Well this has been helpful for me, starting a blog just so i can post pictures of gorgeous men and woman may have actually been a good move for me. 

One for the road.

Oh, and This is him singing. 





5 comments:

  1. This is one of the funniest things ive ever read it made me laugh so much:) I LOVE HIM TOO. I am at the peak of my googling phase, i feel there is still much Cillian goodness to get through. 28 days later...the end...with the pumping that thing and the bare chestedness and the...oh my. and perriers bounty. oh my god if youhavent seen it you will die. Its amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha love it, and also take a lot of comfort in the fact that I a) am not the only one who used to call him Sill-i-en, b) am not the only one who's obsessed with him and c) Can't stop talking about him/watching his films etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not the only one obsessing! I too thought his name was pronounced Sillian when I first saw 28 Days Later in 2002. When I realized it had a "K" sound, I loved it so much more that in Nov 2011 we named our first son Cillian. It gets old that everyone who sees it pronounces it wrong, so I am trying to send vibes to Cillian Murphy to do more mainstream American movies so that the public will become familiar with his name and obviously his gorgeousness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished Peaky Blinders and my oh my this boy is fine.

    ReplyDelete